Words Their Way – Word Study
Here you will find a list of our classroom word sorts along with a link to a PDF file for each sort. Click on the sort we are studying to help your child practice word spellings and meanings at home. Sorts will not necessarily be studied in numerical order. Students will be quizzed on ten words from the sort at the end of five-seven days of study. Each word on the quiz is worth two points, one for correctly sorting the word and one for spelling the word correctly.
- Sort 1 Sort 2 Sort 3 Sort 4 Sort 5 Sort 6 Sort 7 Sort 8 Sort 9 sort 10
- Sort 11 Sort 12 Sort 13 Sort 14 Sort 15 Sort 16 Sort 17 Sort 18 Sort 19 Sort 20
- Sort 21 Sort 22 Sort 23 Sort 24 Sort 25 Sort 26 Sort 27 Sort 28 Sort 29 Sort 30
- Sort 31 Sort 32 Sort 33 Sort 34 Sort 35 Sort 36
Reading and Writing
This writing workshop based program has four units throughout the year:
Each unit progresses through the same stages of the writing process:
Immersion > Generating Ideas > Selecting > Collecting > Drafting > Revising > Editing > Publishing
You can learn more at Schoolwide.
The Sycamore School District has recently adopted Eureka Math as our new math curriculum. Stay tuned for website updates regarding resources.
As you encounter Eureka Math homework pages this year, several resources listed below may be helpful in assisting your child at home.
- Parent Support – Eureka Math
- Module 1 Parent Tip Sheet
- Module 1 Homework Helper
- Module 2 Parent Tip Sheet
- Module 2 Homework Helper
- Module 3 Parent Tip Sheet
- Module 3 Homework Helper
- Module 4 Parent Tip Sheet
- Module 5 Parent Tip Sheet
- Module 6 Parent Tip Sheet
Social Studies and Science
Each science unit lasts about 9 weeks.
- Rocks and Minerals/Landforms
- The Human Body
Social Studies – Units of Focus Throughout the Year
- Early Civilizations
- Native Americans
- European Explorers
- Colonial Times
- The Revolutionary War
- Government/US Constitution
- Pioneers and Westward Expansion
- Civil War