Upcoming Calendar Events
- Friday, August 13th
- Student teacher assignment will be available in parent portal
- Tuesday, August 17th
- Supply drop off night 5 PM-6 PM
- Wednesday, August 18th
- First Day of School for 1st - 5th Grade
- Kindergarten Conferences
- Thursday, August 19th
- Kindergarten A Day
- Friday, August 20th
- Kindergarten B Day
In this Issue:
- Must-Know Information (at this current time)
- Kindergarten Transition
- Supply Drop-off Night
- Student Arrival and Dismissal Schedule
- Supply Lists
- Internet Support
Must-Know Information (at this current time)
- School will be in person five days a week.
- We will have full days.
- Start Time: 8:45 AM
- Students can be dropped off starting at 8:30 AM
- Late start on every Thursday beginning on Thursday, August 26
- Start Time: 9:30 AM
- Students can be dropped off starting at 9:15 AM
- Dismissal: 3:30 PM
- Start Time: 8:45 AM
- Late Start Thursdays- The district is adding a late start of 45 minutes on Thursday’s district-wide. Please note that we will NOT have a late start in our first week of school.
- This has been a practice at the high school for years. It will be a great addition for the rest of our District as we will be able to have our grade level team meetings without the use of subs and provide a consistent opportunity for teaming for all staff members. This aspect of collaboration has led to some very positive changes for our district over the past 7 years.
- OSCAR will return for families for both AM and PM support.
- Click here for more information or to register for OSCAR
- School Calendar for the 2021-2022 School Year- Click Here
- Specials will be taught in-person to all students.
- Technology/Problem Solving
- Math Interventionists and Intervention Block
- Each elementary school has hired a Math Interventionist (Mrs. Lynd) and we will be implementing an Intervention Block each day. This will further support student learning at all levels.
- Masking and Social Distancing
- All students and staff will be masked while indoors at school.
- No masks will be required while outside at recess or other outdoor activities.
- We will maintain social distancing of three feet to the greatest extent possible.
- During lunch, students will be spaced three feet apart.
- All students will receive a lanyard to attach their masks to during the school day.
In Sycamore we provide a transition week for all kindergarteners. Our first day is a conference day with parents and students. You should have received a letter last week with a date and time for your conference on the 1st day. If you did not receive this please contact our office at (815) 899-8299. Day two and day three are transition days of school for our kindergarteners with just half of the class present. These are full days for the students, but only half the class each day.
All incoming kindergarten students will receive a transition letter at the beginning of August with their transition day A/B assignment along with their conference time for the first day of school.
- Wednesday, August 18 – Kindergarten Conferences
- Thursday, August 19 – Group A Student Only (Full day of school and buses are available)
- Friday, August 20 – Group B Students Only (Full day of school and buses are available)
- Monday, August 23 - All Kindergarten Students Attend
Supply Drop-off Night
We look forward to seeing everyone at our supply drop off night! At this event, you can meet your child’s classroom teacher and bring in your school supplies. We are so excited to have our families back in our building for this event. Please remember that everyone over the age of two must wear a mask. We are happy to partner with our PTO to provide custard from Culver’s for families as they leave, under the pavilion.
- Time: 5:00 - 6:00 PM
- Date: Tuesday, August 17
Student Arrival and Dismissal Schedule
- Students will arrive at school between 8:30-8:45 AM
- Primary Grades (Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd) will go in the main entrance (W1).
- Intermediate Grades (3rd, 4th and 5th) will enter by the bike rack (N6).
- Students will either go to the cafeteria for breakfast or immediately to the classroom for morning work.
- Bell at 8:45 AM announcements and the start of our day
- Students will be dismissed beginning at 3:20 PM (EC, Kindergarten and bus riders)
- Walkers and car riders will be dismissed at 3:30 PM
- Early Childhood and Kindergarten pick up line will be in the parking lot
- 1st -5th grade will be picked up line will be in the front loop (which is reversed this year!)
- If you are going to exit your car, please park in the parking lot and walk to pick up your child
- 4 lunch choices - 2 hot lunch choices, salad, and PB&J
- Please bring water bottles for all students
- We will wash hands regularly throughout the day
- Mask breaks will be given throughout the day
- At recess students are not required to wear masks
- In the lunchroom students will be 3’ a part
- All Students and Staff will be Masked
- Three Feet of Social Distancing (As Much as Possible)
- No Masking Outside
- Not Sharing Items (As Much as Possible)
- Daily Cleaning and Sanitizing
- COVID Symptom (In your house)
- Don’t send your child to school
- Call the office and the nurse will walk you through our protocol
- Kindergarten: Supply List
- 1st Grade: Supply List
- 2nd Grade: Supply List
- 3rd Grade: Supply List
- 4th Grade: Supply List
- 5th Grade: Supply List
Federal aid is now available specifically to help families pay for high-speed internet service, plus a computer or tablet. It’s called the Emergency Broadband Benefit, and it provides discounts of up to $50 a month for high-speed internet along with a one time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider.
Households qualify if anyone in the household is eligible for the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast programs; participates in SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline; received a Federal Pell Grant this year; or lost significant income due to furlough or job loss since Feb. 29, 2020. Please see the link below for more details about this support program.