Monday, November 15
- Battle of the Books vs Cornerstone
Tuesday, November 16
- South Prairie Band Concert - 6:15 PM at Sycamore High School (arrive at 5:30 PM)
Thursday, November 18
- Late Start - Students can arrive at 9:15 AM, school starts at 9:30 AM
Monday, November 22
- In person Conferences - NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, November 23
- Virtual Conferences - NO SCHOOL
Wednesday, November 24
- NO SCHOOL
Thursday, November 25
- THANKSGIVING - NO SCHOOL
Friday, November 26
- NO SCHOOL
2021-2022 School Year Reminders
- Parent/Teacher Conferences (check with teachers about signing-up)
- Monday, November 22nd from 1:00 - 8:00 PM (In-Person)
- Tuesday, November 23rd from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM (Virtual)
Feedback from Families
We will be looking for feedback from South Prairie Families at the end of each trimester via a simple Google Form. Thank you for taking the time to fill out this short, three-question form if you choose to do so.
Thank a Staff Member!
November is a time to reflect and show thanks to those around us. We are so grateful for our students, staff, families, and community. As a way to share this gratitude, send your appreciation to a Sycamore Community School District 427 staff member! Deadline for submissions is Friday, November 19, 2021, and certificates will be emailed out the following week.
Stock the Lounge for Conferences!
We are looking for donations — click on the link to help stock the staff lounge for parent-teacher conferences
Elementary Choir Shirts
Choir is off to an outstanding start this year. Thank you so much for bringing them to school early to participate in this extracurricular activity. We are ready to order our official choir shirts for our other concerts this year. The shirts will be $9.25 each. If you are interested in ordering a shirt, please fill out this Google Form to tell me how many shirts you would like to order, and what sizes. Then write a check made out to Sycamore School District and have your child give it to me or turn it into the office. We will be wearing these shirts for concerts and on the days we meet for choir. If you do not wish to order a choir shirt, just have your child wear a plain black T-shirt for the concert.
4th and 5th Grade Recorder Information
All 4th and 5th-grade students must have a recorder that they can bring to music class every week. We have just officially learned how to play 3 notes, and it is an important part of the curriculum that students can play those notes on the recorder--not just finger positions. If you are in need of a recorder, please order one through the district's web store.
After you have paid online for a recorder, I will give your student their recorder in music class. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!
Miss Isabella Crawl
Thankful November Mission
Early Childhood and Elementary Classrooms are going to collect food and hygiene items in the Month of November for Spartan Food Pantry. Help us stock the food pantry with their needs for our Thankful November Mission. We would love it if your family or student would collect the items below and bring them into bins located outside the front office. We also would love it if you could fill out our “what are you thankful for” leaf, for our school-wide Thankful Tree!
Here are some things the Spartan Food Pantry needs:
- Baby Wash
- Baby Wipes
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- All sizes of Ziploc bags
If you have any questions, please reach out to Niamh Welp at email@example.com
Daily Self Certification
Please call the school office if your student is feeling ill, and be prepared to answer a few questions that will help us quickly and efficiently evaluate your child so that we can provide you information based on the latest recommended guidelines. It is imperative that if your student is experiencing ANY of the following symptoms, your student should stay home from school and any extracurricular activities outside the home.
- Temperature of 100.4 (or greater) degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Muscle and body aches;
- Moderate to severe headache;
- Sore throat;
- New loss of taste or smell;
- Diarrhea; or
- Any other COVID-19 symptoms identified by the CDC or IDPH.
We know that things may look a little different this year and we are committed to keeping you informed on the changes that are taking place. Here is an overview of what your student can expect if they come to the Health Office with any of the symptoms listed above:
- The student will be brought to the health office where the nurse or their designee will quickly evaluate the student’s condition.
- If it is determined that they are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms the student will be escorted to a designated and supervised isolation area.
- The school nurse will notify the parent/guardian and walk them through the process of what is required for the student to return to school.
- Sick students should be safely transported home by parent or guardian as soon as possible.
- Siblings/household members of the symptomatic student may also be sent home.
- Students will be expected to remain home from school and any extracurricular activities until cleared to return by the school nurse.
There are many open positions in Sycamore Community School District 427. We are in desperate need of bus drivers and paraprofessionals. Please take a look and pass the word about these opportunities to join our team!
Federal aid is now available specifically to help families pay for high-speed internet service, plus a computer or tablet. It’s called the Emergency Broadband Benefit, and it provides discounts of up to $50 a month for high-speed internet along with a one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider.
Households qualify if anyone in the household is eligible for the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast programs; participates in SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline; received a Federal Pell Grant this year; or lost significant income due to furlough or job loss since Feb. 29, 2020. Please see the link below for more details about this support program.
- Sycamore School District Back to School Website
- Social-Emotional - Jennifer Kamm, South Prairie Social Worker
- Sycamore School District Food Service and Menus
- Begin to practice safety measures that will be commonplace during the school day