Monday, October 11
- Battle of the Books Practice 3:30 - 4:15 PM
Tuesday, October 12
- School Board Meeting @ 7 PM at North Grove Elementary School
2021-2022 School Year Reminders
- I have been informed about the behaviors on the buses this year.
- I have ridden the bus multiple times and I have talked directly with students and parents involved.
- Seating charts for some students have been implemented and discipline has been issued.
- If there are any further issues, please contact me directly so I can address them.
- Thursday, October 28th at 2 PM (outside)
- If there is inclement weather, we will have it inside, record it, and send it out to families.
Volunteers and Visitors at Sycamore Elementary Schools
In an effort to maintain the safest learning environment possible for our students and staff we will be limiting the number of visitors and volunteers to the building at this time. As part of this commitment, we will be requiring all visitors who enter the building past the office during the school day to be vaccinated. We will also only be allowing volunteers at school activities who are vaccinated. If you are asked to be a volunteer or a visitor at our building please know that you will have to submit proof of your vaccination status to the office prior to entering the building or volunteering at the event.
South Prairie PTO
PTO Meeting this Tuesday, October 5th at 7PM in the South Prairie Library.
- PTO Parent Volunteer and Room Parent Sign-up
- PTO Calendar
- PTO President Email - email@example.com
Daily Self Certification
Please call the school office if your student is feeling ill, and be prepared to answer a few questions that will help us quickly and efficiently evaluate your child so that we can provide you information based on the latest recommended guidelines. It is imperative that if your student is experiencing ANY of the following symptoms, your student should stay home from school and any extracurricular activities outside the home.
- Temperature of 100.4 (or greater) degrees Fahrenheit/38 degrees Celsius;
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Muscle and body aches;
- Moderate to severe headache;
- Sore throat;
- New loss of taste or smell;
- Diarrhea; or
- Any other COVID-19 symptoms identified by the CDC or IDPH.
We know that things may look a little different this year and we are committed to keeping you informed on the changes that are taking place. Here is an overview of what your student can expect if they come to the Health Office with any of the symptoms listed above:
- The student will be brought to the health office where the nurse or their designee will quickly evaluate the student’s condition.
- If it is determined that they are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms the student will be escorted to a designated and supervised isolation area.
- The school nurse will notify the parent/guardian and walk them through the process of what is required for the student to return to school.
- Sick students should be safely transported home by parent or guardian as soon as possible.
- Siblings/household members of the symptomatic student may also be sent home.
- Students will be expected to remain home from school and any extracurricular activities until cleared to return by the school nurse.
There are many open positions in Sycamore Community School District 427. We are in desperate need of bus drivers and paraprofessionals. Please take a look and pass the word about these opportunities to join our team!
Federal aid is now available specifically to help families pay for high-speed internet service, plus a computer or tablet. It’s called the Emergency Broadband Benefit, and it provides discounts of up to $50 a month for high-speed internet along with a one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider.
Households qualify if anyone in the household is eligible for the free and reduced-price school lunch or breakfast programs; participates in SNAP, Medicaid, or Lifeline; received a Federal Pell Grant this year; or lost significant income due to furlough or job loss since Feb. 29, 2020. Please see the link below for more details about this support program.
- Sycamore School District Back to 2 School Website
- Social-Emotional - Jennifer Kamm, South Prairie Social Worker
- Sycamore School District Food Service and Menus
- Begin to practice safety measures that will be commonplace during the school day
A Word from Mr. Rucker
It’s always a great day for a great day!